CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Looking forward to the weekend!

I am so excited! Mike is taking the girls to Emporia and I get the entire weekend for myself. Well, I have to work 8 hours on Sunday, but I get Friday night and all of Saturday! I haven't been keeping this up the way I envisioned myself doing, but I just can't believe how crazy life has been. On the whole, and despite the stress, Mike and I are getting along better than ever. I know he definately cherishes his time with the girls more.

He should be here in an hour or so, he has an interview tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed he gets an offer on this one or the one he had last week. My job is just too good to leave.

Speakin of my job, it has been a sad week. Two members of my training class were let go. And they were the two closest to me. The responsible professional side of me understands the reasons they were fired, but the friend side of me is very sad. I know I will miss them. Although I know it is a GREAT company to work for and their firing was their own doing, it does make me extra alert to not screw up!

I have the greatest supervisor ever and he has talked with me several times about how impressed he is at how well I am doing. He is so wonderful to work for. Actually, he won't let us say we work for him. He subscribes to the old Ewing Kauffman philosophy of "With, For, To: You work with me, not for me, you just happen to report to me." I love that. He makes the work environment so comfortable. He is has three kids, the youngest being only three months old, and is so understanding about me being a mom and having mom things to do. He's very sympathetic to my quasi-single mom status. I can't say enough how I am really enjoying my job.

Emma refused a pull up today, put her own panties on, and was accident free! My dad is doing a great job taking care of the girls. I just wish Paige would mind him a little more.

That's all for now. I hope in my weekend of leisure I can come post again.

0 comments: